New Business Sales Representative – Durban
Salary: R30-35k CTC including Benefits Per Month
Role: Based in Ethekweni/Pietermaritzburg/Surrounds – This position requires candidates to grow the company brand through cold calling; networking and industry contacts. Ideal Industry experience would be FMCG; Manufacturing and the Distribution, & Sale of alcoholic beverages & consumables.
Ref: SRDB1 – email@example.com – Please Send Microsoft Word CV; ID Copy and Recent payslip.
- Bring in new business – Cold calling, developing sales opportunities
- Competitor Activity – have a good understanding of the competitor pricing and strategy
- Market Understanding – who is doing what
- Requires high levels of confidence, resilience, tenacity, determination and ability to push through rejection and overcome objections
- Account Development – generate more revenue from existing accounts, cross selling, upselling
- Requires more analytical approach, can products be converted
- Account Servicing – manage perceptions/expectation (quality, price, delivery), keep customers happy but always in line with company objectives
- Requires problem solving ability, technical knowhow and ability to work “at the coalface” to understand and deal with complaints quickly.
- Create and manage the company’s accounts. Ensure customers’ needs and expectations are understood and met, through communication, collaboration and coordination, and build and maintain strong relationships, both internally and externally.
- Grow and develop existing & new markets while keeping abreast of changes & developments in the industry and identifying and acting on potential business opportunities as they arise.
- Continually strive to determine & understand existing & new customers’ value bases in terms of price, service & delivery ensuring that expectations are met & objections overcome at all times.
- Manage the administration & implementation of service level agreements and/or contracts as applicable.
- Through data analysis, determine & maintain correct stock levels (in particular labeling, production and safety stock) by continually striving to balance demand & supply so as to reduce the
company’s risk & exposure in terms of stock availability.
- Capture all relevant customer information/communication timeously and accurately.
- Play a key role in developing pricing strategy in conjunction with executive management. This involves reviewing market trends & competitors continually & justifying recommendations.
- Manage customer product development & feasibility in terms of MOQ, prices, opportunity etc.
- Conduct trials on new products submitting reports, recommendations, & observations as required.
- Matric; Tertiary qualification in sales; marketing/related
- 5 years with solid sales rep / account manager experience
- Own Vehicle; Travelling will be required locally
- Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours
- Proven track record and achievements in the industry will be advantageous
Find us on Facebook & Twitter