Area Manager: Optometry/Retail – Gauteng
Salary: R45K Negotiable + Benefits
Please Submit: Microsoft Word CV; Recent/Last Payslip; Clear Qualification Copies – email@example.com REF: AMJHB
- Matric; Tertiary Diploma/Degree Qualification in Business Management/Related
- 5+ Years in an Managerial / Area /Regional role
- Hands on experience in merchandising, store visits and brand displays, client relations and business development
- Drivers License, Own Vehicle
Duties: Key Performance Area & Indicator Objectives
- Support implementation of new software programmes & upgrades.
- Liaison with IT department on bug fixing, report scripting and development.
- Ensuring user compliance.
Training and development
- Identify areas where re-training or additional training on Calico is required and implement training ensuring attendance registers are completed and that employee reviews are carried out
- Provide calico training to new employees ensuring attendance registers are completed and that employee reviews are carried out
- Ensure data integrity by checking that antivirus software has been installed
- Ensure correct user rights have been assigned to each employee
- Ensure employees are aware of data security, IT security risks and password protection
Business Management Product & Promotion Management
- Reviewing frame stocks in accordance with franchisee’s stock compliance policies
- Ensure compliance with all promotions and merchandising standards (incl. housekeeping).
- Support launches of new products & promotions.
Business Development & Protection
- Assist franchisees in creation and implementation of local marketing plans.
- Implement and manage “Protect Your Business” (PYB) anti-competitive programmes.
- Protect the brand by ensuring impeccable standards of store presentation.
- Provide new store on-site support to Franchisee and Project Management
- Be the “eyes and ears” for Head Office departments requiring feedback from stores – incl. but not limited to: Operations, Finance, Marketing, Training and Project Management
- Advise Head Office of competitors offers and marketing activities
Store performance management
- Use benchmark and point of sale reports to analyse dispensing and sales performance.
- Address areas of under-performance and make recommendations to Franchisee(s) to improve store performance.
- Analyse and implement debtor control issues
New store assistance
- Provide support to the new store before, during and after opening.
- Perform a pre-store opening stock take
- Provide additional support to the new store for a period of at least one week after opening.
Compliancy – Maintenance and feedback of Store Compliancy
- Informal store visit compliancy checks to be carried out and reported on a basic Formal compliancy checks to be carried out according to Operations Managers requirements
- Manage compliance
- Manage compliance with Best Practice across group
- Verify quality control: job ordering and checking
- Communicate and make suggestions for improvement to the Franchisee with regards Best Practice and Operations guidelines on a basic
Administration Best Practice and Quality Assurance
- Advise and assisting Operations Manager and Training Department on Best Practice and maintenance of the Operations Manual.
- Conduct Operations Reviews with franchisees.
- Verify quality control: job ordering and checking.
- Head Office Reporting
- Submit required reports to Head Office on or before stipulated dates and times (OM to determine the extent, nature and due dates of all reports which will be communicated to you before implementation, Head Office reserves the right to modify, extend or change any standard reports at any given time)
Employee Management Staff Development
- Identify individual and practice development requirements.
- Planning and implement solutions.
- Induction of new professional staff.
- Improving levels of technical competency at all staff levels.
- Assisting franchisees with recruitment for new & existing stores in consultation with Head Office HR.
- Train staff in both new and existing stores.
- Assist & advise franchisees on employment legislation issues in consultation with Head Office HR.
Key Competency & Skill Indicator Objectives
- Dealing with People Establishing Focus the ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business’ mission.
- Providing Motivational Support
- The ability to enhance others’ commitment to their work.
- Fostering Teamwork As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
- Managing Change The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Developing Others The ability to delegate responsibility and to work with others and coach them to develop their capabilities
- Managing Performance The ability to take responsibility for one’s own or one’s employees’ performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
- The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing.
- The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
- Influencing Others The ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
Building Collaborative Relationships
- The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Customer Orientation The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
Dealing with Business Diagnostic Information Gathering
- The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skilful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it
- The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Forward Thinking The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Conceptual Thinking The ability to find effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
- Technical Expertise The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Initiative Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Fostering Innovation The ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved method, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Results Orientation The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Thoroughness Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
Self-Management Competencies Stress Management
- The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Personal Credibility Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Flexibility Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Additional functions and or duties may be required in addition to the Key Performance Areas, Key Performance Indicators and Objectives as listed in this document. Any changes, additions, modifications etc. will be communicated to the employee in writing.
Find Us: Facebook & Twitter
Please Note: Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.