BSc Mechanical Project Engineer – Gauteng
Salary: R400-500K+ Per Annum
Qualifications & Experience
The position would suit an engineer who has the following skills and experience:
- BSc Degree in Engineering (Mechanical)
- A Government Certificate of Competency is optional but candidate must be working towards obtaining it.
- 2 to 4 years in plant maintenance (post qualification) within a continuous production environment and executing projects within a production environment.
- Position Is located in Springs
Key Accountabilities and Attributes:
Primary function is to execute projects as identified and required by the user/production:
- Project initiation Processes include: feasibility studies, writing specifications, justifications, Capital expenditure and extra ordinary expenditure approvals,
- Designing, problem identification and creative problem solving skills are required.
- Issue and adjudicate tender documents,
- Facilitate equipment selection, get quotes and liaise with contractors and suppliers
- Draw up budgets and project plans.
- Compile and manage contracts (FIDIC, JBC, NEC).
- Contractors to be managed to ensure work is executed safe and in accordance with the requirements of the OHS-act.
- Ensure contracts and projects are executed on time and in budget.
- Ensure that relevant notifications, applications and communication procedures are followed to all relevant internal and external departments and as required by Law and local By-laws.
- Compile quality control and quality assurance procedures and ensure they are followed.
These to include project risk assessments.
- Run project and contractor co-ordination meetings.
- Proper commissioning and acceptance procedures to be implemented.
- Ensure project documents, drawings and COC’s are signed off and filed, training is done and equipment is handed over to the operations with SOP’s, risk assessments and any other relevant documents such as MSDS’s.
- Ensure that maintenance requirements and procedures are entered into the PM system and scheduled for execution. Ensure that required spares are in stock.
- Generate monthly reports on all areas of responsibility.
Plant Maintenance functions and operational functions:
- Site maintenance responsibilities that fall under the project department include:
o Buildings, roofing, floors,
o Roads, storm water,
o Externals services such as water supply, sewage, natural gas supply
o Power supply and lighting.
- Do regular inspections and ensure PM-schedules are in place, executed and optimised.
- Assist the maintenance department with maintenance work during shutdowns, breakups, where major repairs are done or are required from time to time.
- Conduct research to solve practical engineering problems and to improve efficiency.
- Do standby as required.
- Provide support to the business to ensure that plant operations meet environmental and safety protocols in a cost-effective manner
The job holder should:
- Be an aspiring manager and be able to lead and motivate people.
- Should be a skilled project manager, know project execution principles, and be able to plan multiple contractors and activities.
- Be able to work with contractors.
- Have experience in implementing and ensuring OHS-Act requirements are adhered to.
- Should have some experience with hands-on maintenance of machinery in a production environment.
- Have a working knowledge of civil, electrical and control engineering.
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving skills.
Our client supports the principles embodied in the Employment Equity Act.
Please note that should you not receive any feedback within 2 weeks after closing date; please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Ref: MEJHB – Please Submit: Microsoft Word CV; Recent Payslip; ID & Degree Copies – firstname.lastname@example.org