Advanced Systems Engineer – Port Elizabeth – Eastern Cape
Salary: Market Related Basic + Medical Aid; Cell & Travel Allowance & Rewards System (TBD)
Purpose/Scope of the role: To bolster the company’s technical functions by working in conjunction with the systems architect on all current, and future projects. Ideal candidates for our working culture would be articulate, hardworking, highly presentable, well spoken, hugely ambitious, committed and wanting to work in a fast-paced environment, and to grow with our company, a dedicated team thriving on service excellence and team morale
• Matric; Diploma/Degree in IT Field and Certifications
• Related and up to date Microsoft certifications will be an advantage.
• Drivers License and Own Vehicle & be willing to travel
• 5+ Years minimum in a similar role
• They will work alongside our sales team, technical team, partners, suppliers and will be involved in pre-sales, support (client facing), internal systems and research & development including project management.
• They will be able to work in a team or alone and have the drive for continuous improvement and on-going skills development including certifications (Microsoft, Dell, Cisco etc.) in key areas.
• Flexible, have the ability to learn quickly & adapt to different environments & services, products & technologies. We need someone who is as passionate about our services & products as we are.
• Ability to work to predefined and agreed upon goals & targets with limited supervision is a must.
• We reward performance and results. There is significant opportunity for additional earnings through our internal rewards program in terms of presales/sales, project & support based work
The candidate must be highly motivated and proactive in terms of assisting clients, our team, partners and company as a whole. It is expected that within the first 3 months of the candidate being employed they will:
- Familiarise themselves with processes and products/services
- Take full ownership of specific responsibilities assigned to them
- Advise on areas where they feel there can be improvement
- Completed initial assessments and exams required by the company (Microsoft, Dell etc.)
- Competence Profile Information Technology Overall understanding of IT products and services.
- Results-Driven This position will be about performance and results. We are looking for self-driven people who can make it happen for themselves and the company.
- Responsible Candidates that cannot handle full responsibility or do not have the ability to multi-task under pressure need not apply.
- Personal Development Able to ensure competence is attained and maintained. Keen to grow themselves through skills development and further education.
- Leadership Ability to manage plus motivate themselves and other team members.
- Communication Effective communication, both in written and verbal form.
- Innovation Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think out of the box.
- Analytical Able to analyse client requirements and effectively deliver our solutions for those requirements.
- Relationship Management Able to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with other staff, third parties and clients.
- Accuracy Able to write accurate and well-structured documentation.
- Administration and Compliance Able to operate at all times to the standards and rules set out in the company’s standards and procedures.
- Experience with most/all of the following:
- Products and Services:
- Windows XP-10; Windows Server 2008-2016
- Small Business Server 2008-2011
- SQL Server 2008-2016 & Online; Exchange Server 2007-2016 & Online
- SharePoint 2007-2016 & Online
- Skype for Business 2015-2016 & Online
- Dynamics CRM 2013-2016 & Online
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V, VMware)
- Microsoft Office 365, Azure & AWS
- Networking – IP addressing, switching, routing, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, NAT, cabling etc
- Security – Firewalls, wireless, servers, endpoint security, anti-virus etc.
- Unified Communications – VOIP, PBX, Hosted PBX; Mimecast
- Hosting – DNS, Web, Email & Internet; Fibre, DSL, LTE, VPN, wireless etc.
- Hardware – Servers, workstations, mobile devices, printers etc. Dell, HP, Cisco, SonicWall, FortiGate, UBNT etc.
Please Note: Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted, should you not hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
REF: ASEPE – Please Forward: Microsoft Word CV; Current Salary Payslip & ID & Qualification Copies – firstname.lastname@example.org