General Manager: Commercial Manufacturing – Mthata – Eastern Cape
Salary: R35k Negotiable
A Commercial/GM who will have the proven skillset to manage the entire organization including the workshop functions and the back-office functions, drive strategy and be commercially astute. i.e commercially – approvals, operational efficiencies, revenue generation and strategic value. As well as be able to clearly articulate how he will take the business to the next growth trajectory, within a matter of months. Candidates from the Automotive industry will be highly advantageous
Please Forward: Updated Microsoft Word CV; Last Payslip; ID Copy – email@example.com
Purpose: To manage the operations on a day to day basis to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas (customer service, people management, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control. Coordinate, direct and manages the staff and everyday operations to achieve profitability, customer satisfaction and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the company.
Educational Qualifications And Experience
- Matric; Formal related qualification or extensive managerial experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Extensive background in all areas of management, with special emphasis in finance and people management
- Drivers License & Own Vehicle; Clear Credit and Criminal Record, Contactable References
Duties And Responsibilities:
Management Of Profitability/Productivity
- Direct the maximization of revenue by developing and monitoring the annual sales, marketing and revenue management plans, and participating in appropriate sales and marketing efforts.
- Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable strategy, Marketing, Sales plans and budgets) that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
- Manage finances, budgets and related accounting systems by ensuring the appropriate financial controls are in place & maintained to control overheads and expenditure, manage cash flow & ensure profitability.
- Liaise with suppliers for purchase of supplies and formalizing of contractual commitments through the establishment of sound procurement processes and standards as per company Policy.
- Monitor efficiency of work process to ensure quality product and services and perform a detailed quality control.
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees;
Sales And Marketing
- Manage all company sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives
- Identify and seeks out potential business in local market.
- Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the company
- Effectively manage and maintain all third-party relationships and liaisons, including but not limited to clients, insurances companies, suppliers and key people in the industry to increase company/brand visibility within the local market.
- Ensure that a cooperative & professional rapport is maintained by employees with all external contractors
- Represent the company in a positive & productive manner to clients, colleagues, insurance companies & other stakeholders
- Recommend or initiate human resources actions, such as hires, training & development, promotions, discharges, or disciplinary measures according to company standards, policies & procedures
- Ensures that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, company activities, goals, etc.
- Ensure compliance with labour legislation, health and safety and any other statutory regulations pertaining to the automotive industry
- Ensure employee files, payroll and benefits related information etc. is properly managed
Security And Maintenance
- Protect assets from neglect, damage or deterioration.
- Ensure proper maintenance of company physical facilities resulting in employee & customer safety, orderly operations, good appearance, compliance & legislation, suitable working conditions & cost control.
- Inspects and document repairs and cleanliness of property with Maintenance Manager to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness and overall property appearance.
- Ensure that appropriate systems and controls are in place and able to produce regular and accurate information for the companies board of director’s analysis
- Accurate and timeous reporting to Managing Director on agreed deadlines.
Competency Profile (Knowledge, Skills And Attitude)
- In-depth knowledge of automotive industry
- Understanding of health and Safety practice
- Sound knowledge of people management principles
- Strategic, decisive and consistent leadership
- Financial and business acumen
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent record keeping and feedback ability
- Ability to self- management and meet strict deadline
- Honesty and integrity
- Stress and time management
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Tact and diplomacy
Please Note: Should you not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application for this position unsuccessful www.complement.co.za