Electrical Instrumentation Technician – Durban – Kwazulu Natal
Salary: R20-22K CTC Depending on experience
Based in Pietermaritzburg / Surrounds
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Trade Certificate in Electrical or Instrumentation
- Matric; National Diploma in Electrical engineering
- 3 years of experience Repairing and Maintaining in Manufacturing environment
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Ability to be self-directed and multitask
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to lead and manage the performance of others
- Timeliness; Well spoken, excellent communication
- Based in Pietermaritzburg / Surrounds – Own transport – Shift cycles
Please Note: should you not hear from us within 2 weeks to consider your application unsuccessful
Ref: EIDBN – Please Forward: Updated Microsoft Word CV; ID & Qualification Copies; Current/Last Salary Slip – email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct repairs and maintenance in order to:
- Perform to quality, waste, and production standards and goals
- Meet or exceed the customers (both internal and external) expectations
- Meet the highest of quality standards
- Communicate orally and/or in writing to other departments for resolution of mechanical problems, reporting defective material, coordination of job preparations, changeovers & daily shift information
- Report production accurately and timely including waste, WIP, time codes, raw materials, etc.
- Ensure your own safety while operating the machine and that of those assisting with operations
Manage the duties of an operator including but not limited to:
- PLC Work Handling operations of instrumentation equipment
- Perform maintenance jobs of instrumentation equipment
- Maintaining spares, indenting, IMS documents
- Daily reports for Instrumentation jobs/tasks
- Other Equipment’s like Administration building/Canteen/Plant office etc/Insect Killers. All plant & Utility motors breakdown maintenance.
- Follow-up for spare part of respective area with purchase + Dept. Coordinator. Involvement in Renovation + Modification in respective area.
- Involvement in Energy Saving projects execution with team.
- Statutory compliance from Electrical side. (As per IMS & Occupational Health & Safety Regulation Act.)
Following will be covered under area responsibility:
Major problems in the Area of each individual should note down in open point list.
- Down time /Frequency of break down in their areas.
- Spare parts consumed and status of spare parts availability along with complete spare part list of respective Machine /Area.
- Action plan for repetitive nature problem and open point list.
- Kaizens from respective area.
- History register of area to be updated
- Respective area all document, drawings, manuals & programs or parameters availability.
Internal: All areas of Plant
- Learning, Informing, Reporting, Deciding, Checking Objects
- Reviewing, Using Instruments, Teamwork, Following Instructions, Checking Written Information, Performing physical tasks, Using a Keyboard/Computer, Calculating/Counting
- Required to sit or stand and move about the facility
- Walk or stand on concrete for long periods of time
- Climb ladders sometimes to high levels
- Frequent lifting of items not to exceed 25 kg without assistance
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE – Safety)
- Steel toed shoes
- Hair and beard nets
- Safety Glasses
- Ear plugs
- Dust masks or Powered air purifying respirators
- Other protective equipment such as gloves, etc. needed for the job being performed per the job