IT Engineer: Junior Graduate – Port Elizabeth – Eastern Cape
Salary: R8-12K CTC Plus Incentive Program
Purpose of the Role: To bolster the company’s technical functions. This position will be about performance and results. We are looking for self-driven people who can make it happen for themselves and the company. Candidates that cannot handle full responsibility or do not have the ability to multi-task under pressure need not apply. We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our fast-moving team. This role is a mixture of Systems Development and Systems Engineering and as such requires an overall understanding of IT Products and Services. They will work alongside our sales team, technical team, partners, suppliers and will be involved in pre-sales, support (client facing), internal systems and research & development plus project management.
SUBMIT: MS Word CV; Recent Payslip; ID & Qualification Copies – firstname.lastname@example.org REF: ITGPE
Required Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
Knowledge of and experience with the following:
- Products and Services
Windows Server 2008-2016
Small Business Server 2008-2011
SQL Server 2008-2016 & Online
Exchange Server 2007-2016 & Online
SharePoint 2007-2016 & Online
Skype for Business 2015-2016 & Online
Dynamics CRM 2013-2016 & Online
Virtualisation (Hyper-V, VMware)
Office 365, Azure & AWS
IP addressing, switching, routing, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, NAT, cabling etc.
Firewalls, wireless, servers, endpoint security, anti-virus etc.
- Unified Communications
VOIP, PBX, Hosted PBX
DNS, Web, Email
Fibre, DSL, LTE, VPN, wireless etc.
Servers, workstations, mobile devices, printers etc.
Dell, HP, Cisco, SonicWALL, FortiGate, UBNT etc.
In terms of Software Development specifically, knowledge of and experience with the following:
C#/ VB.NET 1.x-4.x and Core
ASP.NET, MVC, Web API and Core
AngularJS, Angular and React
Experience with ORM (LINQ, EF, EF Core, LLBLGen Pro etc.)
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM
K2 and Nintex
Windows, Web & Mobile (Microsoft, Android & iOS)
Visual Studio and TFS/VSTS
Subversion and Git Source Control
- The candidate must be highly motivated and proactive in terms of assisting clients, our team, partners and company as a whole. It is expected that within the initial period of the candidate being employed, they will:
- Familiarise themselves with processes and products/services
- Take full ownership of specific responsibilities assigned to them
- Advise on areas where they feel there can be improvement
- Completed initial assessments and exams required by the company (Microsoft, Dell etc.)
- Must be willing to travel and have their own vehicle with valid driver’s license.
- Matric; Related Degree, Diploma or relevant qualification.
- Related and up to date Microsoft certifications will be an advantage.
- Competence Profile
- Information Technology
- Overall understanding of IT products and services.
- Personal Development – Able to ensure competence is attained and maintained. Keen to grow themselves through skills development and further education.
- Leadership – Ability to manage plus motivate themselves and other team members.
- Communication – Effective communication, both in written and verbal form.
- Innovation – Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think out of the box.
- Analytical – Able to analyse client requirements and effectively deliver company solutions for those requirements.
- Relationship Management – Able to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with other staff, third parties and clients.
- Accuracy – Able to write accurate and well-structured documentation.
- Administration and Compliance – Able to operate at all times to the standards and rules set out in the company’s standards and procedures.
About the Company:
Our company is fast paced, leading edge and we only want the best. The candidate will need to realise that the IT Industry is a demanding one and not a simple 8-5 job. We are looking for someone with a proven track record. They must have an understanding and/or familiarity with all of our offerings and will assist us in defining and implementing key processes and systems to bolster these areas of the business. The candidate will need to be flexible, have the ability to learn quickly and adapt to different environments and services, products and technologies. We need someone who is as passionate about our services and products as we are. Ability to work to predefined and agreed upon goals and targets with limited supervision is a must. We reward performance and results. There is significant opportunity for additional earnings through our internal rewards program in terms of presales/sales, project and support based work.
The strength of our team, along with our network of partners and suppliers allows us to provide best of breed software, network, internet and hardware solutions. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a team or alone and have the drive for continuous improvement and on-going skills development including Certifications (Microsoft, Dell, Cisco etc.) in key areas. We need someone who is intelligent, hardworking, highly presentable, well spoken, hugely ambitious, committed and looking for a career rather than a step along the way.
Please Note: Only candidate who meet the requirements above will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.