Logistics Manager – eThekwini Durban – Kwazulu Natal
Salary: Market Related + Benefits
Purpose: To ensure timely, cost effective and error-free execution of dispatch of orders ensuring customer satisfaction through on time delivery. Ideally experience in Logistics & Purchasing; Freight; Warehousing; Stock and Distribution.
SUBMIT: Microsoft Word CV; Recent Payslip; ID & Qualification Copies – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matric; Graduate/ Post graduate with Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- 7-10 years of experience in Logistics & Purchasing; Warehousing; Stock and Distribution
- Driver’s License; Own Vehicle
- Computer Literate – MS Office, SAP, Oracle etc
- Manufacturing industry, FMCG etc experience advantageous
- Excellent Communication, Negotiation and Interpersonal Skills
- Able to work extended hours if necessary
- Staff and Team Management, internal and external customers, KPI’s etc
Competencies: Compliance, Job Knowledge, Quality Orientation, Planning and Execution, Achievement Orientation, Communication, Analysis, Team Working
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain interaction with marketing team for execution of dispatches as per plan and regular interactions with the production process to help them understand dispatch requirements.
- Source freight for the shipments in the most optimum way considering the freight/transit time/cut offs/customer preferences
- Maintain regular touch with PPC process for planning of orders received and getting update on the dispatch status.
- Deal with export/domestic transporters who are disorganized and are still not very reliable for quality and delivery requirements.
- Providing timely, correct and authentic information w.r.t. order status and execution since the information is to be obtained from many parties.
- Approve various operations pertaining warehouse, to manage daily stock for extra material & usage
- Implement and optimize the Warehouse Management System (WMS) including ensuring that day to day processes are adhered to, stock accuracy high and improvement of the processes.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Management of FG stock
- WMS system daily management, Stock accuracy and dispatch accuracy
- Ensuring Timely execution of domestic & export orders
- Daily interaction with Production, Packing, PPC and Marketing
- Tracking order status
- Keeping dispatch records
- Communicate status through reports
- Achieve internal customer satisfaction
- Interacting with marketing team for planning of dispatch
- Ensuring error free delivery
- Providing information regarding dispatch status to Marketing team
- Coordinating with production and PPC team to resolve complaints related to delivery of product.
- Ensuring Process MIS preparation
- Designing, implementing and reviewing systems for Process MIS preparation
- Following statutory compliance
- Carrying out work as per laid down statutory requirements and procedures
- Total Quality Management
- Implementation of TQM practices with in DM activities
- Train and ensure participation from DMAT team & purchase Team
- IMS & FSSC 22000
- Implementation of IMS &FSSC 22000 in DMAT process
- Oracle (ERP)
- Ensure smooth usage of oracle applications in DMAT process & Purchase
Please Note: Should you not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.