Senior Instrumentation Technician – Durban – Kwazulu Natal
R25-28K CTC Per Month
Purpose Of Role:
Performs a variety of highly skilled maintenance work to maintain un-interruptible power supply distribution to machine, automation systems, variable speed drive for machine speed control, heating systems, etc. Repairs, control & replaces parts on machine equipment or equivalent. Installs, maintains, and repairs control equipment. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Ideally suited to candidates from a FMCG; Operations, Production and Manufacturing environment.
Position is Based in eThekwini Pietermaritzburg / Surrounds – Own transport – Shift cycles
Please Note: Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks to consider your application unsuccessful
Ref: SETDB – Please Forward: Updated Microsoft Word CV; ID & Qualification Copies; Current/Last Salary Slip – firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.complement.co.za
- Matric; Trade Test Certificate – Non-Negotiable with strong experience in Instrumentation
- Own Vehicle, Shift work
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering N2-N4
- 5 – 8 years Nature of Past Experience required
- Maintenance & Preventive maintenance of Plant
- All kind of work related to Electrical & Process Automation and Man Power Handling
- Maintain Proper Documentation & Knowledge of inventory maintenance on the WMS system
- Inspects and checks equipment for proper operating condition, makes necessary adjustments, logs test readings, and maintains, repairs or replaces all essential equipment parts.
- Implementation of routine PM checks including vibration & temperature inspections of motors and ensuring logging or recording of all readings; includes preliminary assessment and reportage on as found conditions.
- Electrical sub station distribution system monitoring and trouble shooting.
- Maintenance/Trouble shooting of line equipment’s like VSD, various sensors and logical operation and controlling to ensure machine availability.
- Operate metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, and fixtures.
- Repair and rework pneumatic and motorized control valve and systems to meet operational specifications.
- Repair, rework, and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances.
- Per scheduled calibration of measuring system like weighing and dosing system, balances, temperature and pressure sensing devices.
- Calibration report logging and revised scheduling for the same system or equipment.
- Install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Perform preventative maintenance & other lubrication schedule of equipment, motors & systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems.
- Maintain system history book and manual
Checkpoints for Responsibilities:
- Knows about machine technical specs & parameters.
- Pro efficient knowledge of using measuring equipment.
- Technical knowledge of machine specs.
- Good writing skills for log books & checklist.
- Able to read electrical diagrams, & breakers / feeders detail manuals with all trip & interlocking features.
- Good experience of all electrical and measuring tool.”
- Experience in Bruckner line machine knowledge & understanding of customized logical drawing & control sequence.
- Skill for Pneumatic system and motorized valves repair & maintenance.
- knowledge about basic equipment’s or systems.
- Able to understand procedure of calibration in standard manual.
- knowledge about basic system maintenance.
- Disciplined skill to maintain the log books & manual
Documentation & Inventory Management:
- Prepare and Maintain History Records & checklist for Plant Equipment’s.
- Maintain the records for used spares & tools.
- Maintain the service record & log book of equipment’s.”
- Manpower Handling
- One Learners / Apprentice on shift
- Housekeeping and 5S
- To keep the area as per 5s & safety precaution.
- Good interpersonal & Communication skill
- Good Team player & Co-Ordination Skill
- Knowledge of Maintenance & Preventive maintenance work at Plant Level.