Surgical Sales Representative – Northern Cape – Free State
Market Related Basic Salary + Company Benefits & Commission
Service Expectations & Responsibilities:
The expectation of the Surgical Representative is to ensure the customer experience with the company products and our brand is exceptional. Through consultation with hospital stakeholders, the Surgical Representative will ensure they understand and meet all hospital procedures, policies and expectations.
- Matric; University Degree
- A valid driver’s license with own reliable transportation; as travel within the region is expected
- 2 to 4 years of proven sales experience. Medical sales experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide superior customer service
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to interact and perform in a high paced, demanding environment required (Operating Room).
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability and passion to learn about medical products
- Above average computer literacy
- Self-disciplined; works well in a virtual office environment.
- Willingness to participate in a rotating on-call schedule, providing service to the hospital and O.R after hours, including weekends and evenings
- As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of the company’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
The Surgical Representative’s main responsibilities are;
All The company portfolio products in particular but not limited to, Trauma & Cranial Maxillofacial.
Clinical or Surgical Consultation
- Be available to consult with the O.R team during a procedure.
- Share information relating to the company instrumentation and implant as indicated in the product monogram, surgical technique and IFU (Instructions For Use).
- Respect all hospital O.R procedures and policies.
Surgical Case Planning & Coordination
- Determine surgical case requirements and ensure all necessary equipment and implant inventory is at the hospital when requested and available for surgery
- Ensure product is complete and in working condition prior to surgery
- Communicate with the appropriate hospital staff and O.R Team members when planning and organizing cases and identify hospital procedures and requirements to ensure the company meets all expectations. (surgeon, O.R, nursing, logistics, Purchasing & shipping)
Training and In-servicing for Hospital Staff / Surgeons
- Determine individual training and in-servicing requirements for each hospital department (ie. Nursing, O.R, surgeon, etc) for new products, loan products and existing consigned products.
- Work with hospital educators to determine approach, material and agenda
Sales & Opportunity Development
- Develop contacts with all points of sale in the hospitals across the territory (i.e. surgeon, nurse, buyer, administration)
- Identify key sales opportunities in the hospital
- Support the development and implementation of selling strategies
- Participate in business planning for the territory (instrument/implant forecasting, sales forecasting and budgeting)
- Inform management of current issues and actions occurring in territory in a timely fashion
Assist the Hospital in Implant Consignment and Inventory Management
- Assist in routine audits & counts
- Management of expired inventory
- Perform an annual scan & count of all the company consigned implant inventory
- Review usage and assist hospital / The company in adjusting inventory where required
Assist the Hospital in Instrumentation consignment and Management
- Review sets periodically to ensure the quality and condition of instrumentation are acceptable.
- Ensure listings and sets are up to date and complete.
Team Support and Personal Development
- Assist other members of the company sales team in case & service coverage in other hospitals from time to time
- Participate in product and sales training events held the company
Please Note: Only Candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted, should you not hear from u within 2 weeks consider your application unsuccessful for this position.
Please Forward: Updated MS Word CV; Current Salary – email@example.com
Find us on Twitter and Facebook or visit our Website – www.complement.co.za