Maintenance Manager – Hospitality – Kwazulu Natal
Salary: Live In Position, Market Related
Our client in the hospitality industry is looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join their team in the Kwazulu Natal area. The successful candidate must be self-disciplined, qualified in the maintenance of electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, carpentry etc. Experience is crucial for this role. The successful candidate should also be able to do administrative duties, as financial planning & preventative maintenance planning form part of the duties for this role.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Manager in a similar sized operation.
- Must be experienced/qualified in at least one of the following disciplines – Electrical (single
& three phase). Refrigeration & Air-conditioning and have general experience in the
following – plumbing, sewage treatment systems, water treatment systems, building &
- This is a permanent live-in position, based in the Kwazulu Natal / Limpopo area
- Transport to/from leave cycles is the successful candidate’s own responsibility
- We reserve the right to not make an appointment.
Please forward your Updated Microsoft Word CV, Current & Expected Salary as well as a recent head and shoulders photograph of yourself
- You would report to the South African Technical Manager.
- You will assist in all the maintenance on site – including plumbing, electrical (domestic), refrigeration and air conditioning, building, carpentry and general maintenance.
- You would be required to assist in planning the preventative maintenance program.
Stock and Tools
- You will endeavour to keep a par stock of spares that will allow you to affect emergency and other repairs efficiently.
- You would be responsible for your budget lines and report monthly on these.
- You will ensure that tools and spares are neatly stored and packed away.
- You will perform a stock take of tools from time to time & report any shortfalls to the manager.
- Maintain open communication channels with the lodge or operations managers and camp managers and ensure that clear feedback loops are in place to ensure that status reports on problems are fed back to those who have reported them.
- Hold frequent meetings with Lodge managers and operations managers.
- Will have a morning meeting with maintenance staff and make sure that good team work exists and that systems and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that when interacting with guests in the lodge environment that you are well presented, friendly and courteous.
- The surrounding communities
- The country
- Company Knowledge
- Valid unendorsed SA driver’s license essential & own vehicle
- Communication skills – with guests and fellow staff members
- Standard of your work must exceed the standard of the lodge
- Good organisational ability and lateral thinking ability
- Must adhere to World Class Hospitality and Service Standards
- Professional, courteous, hospitable to guests
- Must be able to lead people and correct things when needed
- Honest, have good integrity, proactive and driven person who has career ambition
- Able to handle pressure, and still operate effectively
- Energetic, proactive person
- Good interpersonal skills – able to function as part of a team
- Attention to detail and initiative
- Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines and keep on top of your job
- Willingness/ability to share information and teach and inspire others