An exquisite piece of paradise in the middle of the Indian Ocean is in search of an Incredibly talented Lodge Manager. The lodge is set in a protected marine conservation area and offers pristine beaches and unspoiled coral reefs teeming with marine life and offers the ultimate 5 star guest experience.
- Overall management for the lodge, including operations, conservation, kitchen and financial reporting.
- Direct line management responsibility for the senior management team and indirectly for a team of 95 staff located on the lodge
- Setting and adhering to Budgets, management and control in conjunction with the lodge administrator
- Staff development
- Security – lodge security, emergency response and fire control
- Healthcare reviewing healthcare facilities and evacuation arrangements
- Environmental health waste, sanitation, mosquito and pest control
- Third party contractors – control of building contractors and professional advisers
- Sustainability responsible for ensuring sustainability targets are met and improved upon year on year
- Risk Assessment ensure lodge is risk assessment compliant
- Lodge Marketing management of the lodge social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Build upon the existing guest experience to create new ideas and to ensure the product remains fresh and modern, whilst staying true to the history of the lodge this includes guest delight, accommodation, food, staff, activities
- Building relationships with new and repeat guests
- Maintaining and reinforcing an environment where the company standards are continuously met and visible throughout the daily functioning of the property.
- At least 3 years Management Experience in a 5-star boutique operation
- Hospitality and Service Training Experience
- Prior water sports and diving experience a plus
- Energetic, proactive person with well-developed concept of the importance of providing a world-class guest experience, and the ability to provide that experience
- Passionate about sustainable tourism and conservation
- Driven, energetic, compassionate and ambitious, with strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Unrelenting attention to detail and high standards
- Structured manager with experience of leading diverse teams
- Practical with some experience of island and boat maintenance
- Open minded and able to think outside of the box
- The ability to motivate and inspire yourself and others
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication
- Competent financial and IT skills
- Fluent in English essential
The successful candidate should have an enquiring mind, be methodical, pay attention to detail, be creative, show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, ability to accept routine and mundane tasks, have high energy level, be flexible, have the ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable. If you have the knowledge, skills and required experience and this sounds like a challenge you are ready for I would love to hear from you. Please send me your CV with a recent face photograph, details of three contactable references and a letter motivating your application.