We are now in search of a passionate and experienced Sous Chef for an award winning 5* Game Lodge in KZN.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staffs performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests
- 5+ years of experience as a Sous Chef in leading 5* establishment
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industrys best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Qualification in Culinary science or related certificate would be a plus
- Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate the guests and exceed their expectations.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of guests.
- Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Must show enthusiasm for the job, the restaurant and the lodge.
- Must be considerate, patient and willing to help out fellow employees.
- Must have a good self-image and be able to command the respect of the employees.
- Must be able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times.
- Possess the highest work ethics, personal morals and honesty beyond reproach.
We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Executive Chefs specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers satisfaction as well as running a successful kitchen.
If this is a challenge you are ready for, then we would to hear from you. Please forward your CV in MS Word format along with details of at least 3 contactable references and your food portfolio.