Financial Accountant – Hospitality – Johannesburg – Gauteng
Salary: Market Related depending on experience
Our client is looking to employ a financially strong, experienced and capable financial accountant that can operate efficiently, reliably and independently. This position is for a financial accountant for Southern Africa within the hospitality industry. Experience in hospitality preferred but not essential should the candidate be working for a large, multi-national corporate company that operates throughout southern Africa &/internationally. This is a permanent position is based in Sandton, Gauteng.
Please Forward: Microsoft Word CV; Recent Payslip – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful
- Prepare and review Southern Africa balance sheet reconciliations & process monthly journals
- Prepare monthly management accounts for regional business units
- Prepare & assist with quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and high level forecasts
- Assist with year-end audit queries
- Training of staff from various backgrounds and skill levels
- Regular travel to lodges and regional centres.
- Capex tracking and related functions.
- Liaison with professional & legal advisors, tax authorities etc.
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Ensuring month end processes are completed within the required timelines
- Process monthly journals related to Botswana and Namibian lodges
- Provide variance analysis and other accounting support to central teams
- Preparing monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with planning and co-ordination of the audit and address audit queries
- Maintain Fixed asset register and capital expenditure tracking
- Bank reconciliations and revaluations related to fixed deposit accounts
- Circulating and reviewing monthly management accounts to regions
- Maintaining Forex float
- Ad hoc tasks as required
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Matric; B Comm Accounting Degree with 2 years’ experience
- Driver’s License and Own Vehicle, travel to the lodges will be required
- Proficient with MS Office Packages (Advanced Excel)
- Advanced excel experience required (etc. pivot table, vlookups)
- Experience with Quickbooks /Accpac and Microsoft Access beneficial
- Experience with multi-currency, including processing of journals, reconciliations and checks,
- understanding the principles of foreign currency revaluations
- Analysis & Problem Solving
- Planning and Organisation
- Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, procedures and cultures inside the organization to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the organization.
- Establishing a course of action for self and/ or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personal and appropriate allocation of resources.
- Quality Orientation/Attention To Detail
- Accomplishing tasks through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small, showing concern for all aspects of the job, accurately checking processes and tasks; maintaining watchfulness over a period of time.
- End product orientation. Attention to detail.
- Check what is received and ensure quality of personal input before distribution.
- Diligent self-starter, with a high level of attention to detail
- Results focused, but willing to work with diverse personalities in a challenging environment
- Generate and maintain a positive momentum and high levels of productivity.
- Maintain social, ethical, organisational and professional norms.
- Keen willingness for ongoing personal development.
- Excellent communicator;
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
Find Us on Social Media
Subscribe to Job Alerts – www.complement.co.za