Sales Supervisor – FMCG – Cape Town
Salary: R25-30k CTC per month
Complement Recruitment are looking for suitable candidates from the FMCG & Manufacturing industries for a Sales Supervisor to manage Field Sales, Tier 3, based in Cape Town, Western Cape, the vacancy is permanent and is a great opportunity to join a global supply chain company.
Attributes should include a professional demeanour, an honest person with a strong focus on customer service and meeting targets and deadlines. The ideal candidate should have experience in sales, client retention, logistics, stock control and sales staff management.
- Directs a sales team and provides coaching towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
- Improve the development and performance of the Sub-Distributors in the area of responsibility.
- Implements plans and strategies to expand the customer base of the Tier 3 area of responsibility.
- Implements annual sales plans by analyzing trends and results.
- Implements the deployment and performance of all sales activities in High Frequency Stores in the area of responsibility.
- Develops the customer base & maintains a strong relationship both with the customers & suppliers.
- Implements maximization of sales & overall profitability through the satisfaction & retention of customers.
- Perform sales activities for product promotion and market share increase.
- Implements the products shelf positioning and constantly works on market shelf share increase.
- Implements cost control in line with agreed objectives and plan.
- Create & maintain a highly motivated sales organization, to drive growth of the sales & market share of Tier 3.
- Supervise the activities of the team to ensure effective delivery of the Tier 3 plan.
- Supervise a team of staff to ensure effective daily operations.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members and participate in collecting the evidence for the case.
- Identify employees that are not meeting short-term productivity or control targets and make recommendations to put employees on Performance Improvement Programme.
- Completed Matric / Grade 12.
- Degree in Marketing / Sales or Business studies or relevant Diploma preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Sales Management within the FMCG industry.
- Own vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
- Good working knowledge of the Informal Market customer profile.
- Must be a local and reside in Cape Town, Western Cape
- Must speak the local language/s of the area of operation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good budget and report writing skills.
- Presentation skills, written and verbal.
Please forward your Updated Microsoft Word CV, including RFL ALL Employment history; Current & Expected Salary as well as a Recent Head and Shoulders Photograph of yourself – email@example.com
Please note only candidates who meet the minimum requirements above will be contacted, should you not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful. Requirements and criteria are based on our client’s request, we reserve the right not to make an appointment.