We are currently in search of a very ambitious and vibrant lodge manager for a world class 5 star game lodge in Namibia.The ideal person would be held in high regard within the tourism industry, they will strong experience in managing a 5 star property in a remote area independently, with a good general understanding of lodge operations, finance, and staff management. The individual should be passionate about hospitality, and have a keen interest in sustainability, conservation and community development.
- Relationship building – with – staff, guests, governmental departments, the community, the industry (agents and other lodges)
- Corporate Social Responsibility – working with the Africa Foundation in community development
- Business efficiencies – cost control, local produce, quality of product
- HR structure – maintaining and enhancing – understanding and adherence
- Product development on guest experience – lodge, food, game experience, all guest touch points
- Engaging – with the people, the culture, the work style, the expectation
- Regular assessment of the functionality, efficiency and strength of all operational equipment, vehicles, generators and buildings.
- Sustainability – Analyzing the impact Sustainability has on our business and improving it.
- Reducing our Carbon Footprint
- Management of Resources
- Financial Management – Providing an oversight role of the lodge finance.
- Forecasting – Budget forecasting and ensuring the finance aspect of the lodge keep up with the ever changing business environment.
- Training Development – Providing the needed to the team to ensure they are up to speed with the desired service standards.
- New concepts and Creative Ideas – Keep abreast with the latest trends of service delivery.
- Health and Safety at the workplace.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Plan staffing levels.
- Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate, right number and quality of employees.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in your business unit in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on-boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Energetic, proactive person with well-developed concept of the importance of providing a world class guest experience and the ability to provide that experience.
- Aware, evolved, energetic, compassionate, respectable, good communication and a strong leader.
- Lateral thinking ability
- Must be able to cope under pressure to meet guests needs
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with staff and guests
- Attention to detail
- Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines
- Willingness/ability to share information and teach and inspire others.
- Computer and financial skills.
- Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management.
- Knowledge of the functions, operation, and mission of the specific department.
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and lodge staff members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economics, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in the service industry especially in dealing with guests and staff
- Previous experience in managing a five star operation
- Good command of the English language.
- An outgoing, warm, friendly personality.
- Confident and comfortable around affluent people.
- Well presented, honest, diligent and self-motivator.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High energy levels.
- Good staff motivator skills.
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for individuals.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Sense of urgency.
- Passionate about guest delight.
- Attention to detail.
- Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to share information, teach and inspire others.
The successful candidate should have an inquiring mind, be methodical, pay attention to detail, be creative, show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, have high energy levels, be flexible, have the ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable. If you have the knowledge, skills and required experience, and this sounds like a challenge you are ready for and you I would love to hear from you.