Body Shop Vehicle Adjustment Supervisor | Automotive | Port Elizabeth
Salary: R17-25K Basic + Benefits
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Body Shop & Vehicle Adjustment Supervisor from within the Automotive industry. 5 years minimum experience in Automotive in a similar role in the Body Shop and technical area. Candidates must have their own reliable transport. The position is based in Port Elizabeth.
Please Forward: Updated Microsoft Word CV ONLY, Trade Test Copy & Current Salary to – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Employee should perform a variety of technical duties and be able to support the production line in the assembly supervisory process.
Hours of work will be between 07H30 -17H00
Qualifications and behavioural competencies:
- Matric and tertiary technical qualification and experience as a Diesel Mechanic
- Trade Tested Diesel Mechanic, Electrical background would be advantageous
- Communication in English – written and verbal compulsory.
- Should have high attention to detail and be able to work under pressure.
- Good knowledge on technical vehicles parts.
- Proactive, Disciplined, Task Focused, Team-Player
- Good time and attendance record
- Respect for team-members and Managers
- Leadership skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Administrative / report writing skills
Key Performance Areas (KPA’s)
- Oversee and assist in the assembling parts to trucks to specifications and repetitive processes when needed
- Oversee the installations of mechanical and electrical components as well as systems on pre-finished product.
- Ensure adjustments are made to trucks where needed to perform effectively.
- Ensure constant workflow procedure
- Work as a Supervisor by getting physically involved in the assembly process where needed.
- Ensure good quality of work at all times
- Record and retrieve production data
- Record defective work and bring it under the attention of your manager
- Participate in group meetings and exchange information as required
- Excellent time-management skills needs to be exercised with team-members
- Manage and discipline employees fairly
- Control and reduce WIP units
Job description in detail:
- Manage the assembling process on trucks, buses and vehicles
- Ensure teams are performing any combination of following repetitive tasks according to specifications and using hand-tools, power tools and production fixtures.
- Oversee teams fasten together body subassemblies, such as sub frames, underbodies, doors, hoods, and trunk lids.
- Manages and controlling of bolts, screws, clips, or otherwise, fasteners to form subassemblies, such as doors, seats, instrument control panels, steering columns and axle units.
- Oversee the installations on mechanical and electrical components and systems, such as engines, transmissions, and axle units; pumps; wire harnesses; instrument control panels; and exhaust, brake, and air-conditioning systems.
- Oversee assemblers to fit and adjusts doors, hoods, and trunk lids.
- Oversee that Welders seal joints and seams where necessary.
- Verify quality of own work and write description of defects observed on documents attached to vehicle bodies.
- Record and retrieve production data.
- Assign work to different work stations.
- Part-take in the assembly process where needed.
- Participate in group meetings to exchange job related information
- Adhere to ad-hoc tasks assigned by Management should operations requirement develop.
- Manage and control teams fairly according to the Disciplinary code of the company.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Meet production quota set on a daily basis
- Job knowledge
- Technical knowledge
- Quality of work
- Attention to detail
- Reported defects
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Time and attendance
- Discipline of staff
Find Us on Social Media
Subscribe to Job Alerts – www.complement.co.za
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.