Chartered Accountant | Manufacturing| eThekwini – Durban
Salary: R40K CTC
Please Submit: Updated MS Word CV; RFL ALL Employment History Including Current; Current Salary P/M
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Qualified Chartered Accountant to be based in eThekwini, Durban. This position reports to the AVP: Finance & Accounts, and carries the primary responsibility of providing timely and accurate financial information for management decision making and to continuously strive for improving the F & A process through IT enablement. Must comply with the IFRS, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, policies and procedures. Position is based close to Pietermaritzburg, Kwazulu Natal.
- Matric; Qualified CA (SA); Completed Articles at a large firm, looking to move into manufacturing companies
- 0-3 years’ relevant experience
- Require candidates with a strong understanding of local laws of Income tax, custom, VAT, SARS reporting, Companies Act reporting
- Salary on offer for this position is slightly negotiable but will be around R40 000 ctc per month which includes the standard components like medical aid, gap cover, pension, guaranteed 13th cheque
- Little to no experience is required for this position, Candidates who have recently qualified will also be considered
- We have previously recruited candidates from auditing firms but will consider industry and professional firms as well.
- There are 3 subordinates that report directly into this position, a male is preferred
- Overseas 2 operating units under the guidance of the AVP
- Articles completed from one of the top firms would be advantageous
- Advanced computer knowledge in MS Office, Excel – Oracle, Sage, Pastel advantageous
- Demonstrates sound work ethics
- Trustworthy and honest
- Ability to be self-managed and multi-task
- Highly systematic, organised and accurate record keeping
- Ability to lead and manage the performance of others
- Handling accounting activities, verifying the accuracy of transactions entered in Oracle for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, OPM, WHT and VAT;
- Ownership of updating the following master file in Oracle as per the standard SOP and suggest improvements around control: Vendor Master File, Customer Master File, Item Creation;
- Ensure accurate / timely closure of monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual accounts;
- Ensure that all external audits are carried out without any major adverse comments;
- Ensure internal audits are conducted smoothly
- Ensure ad-hoc audits from DTI / Government agencies are conducted smoothly.
- Design and implement checks and controls in all financial transactions relating to AP, AR and inventory;
- Streamline the process of Procure to Pay;
- Streamline the process of Accounts Receivable.
- Motivating subordinates.
- Assessment of VAT;
- Handling income tax return and assessment;
- Timely deposit of tax & returns within statutory timeline;
- Keep abreast with the latest changes in the law and accordingly suggest changes in day to day working.
- Providing timely and accurate information to satisfy the internal customers.
- Act as an auditor ie. Be the first point check for all data being given by the plant.
Find Us on Social Media
Subscribe to Job Alerts – www.complement.co.za
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.