Medical Sales Representative | Cape Town – Western Cape
Salary: Negotiable R30K
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for Sales Representative from the Medical, Pharmaceutical and Surgical Devices sector. This is a permanent position based in Cape Town, Western Cape. Candidates must have experience in the medical industry, and have worked and understood the pressures of a target driven role atmosphere.
To effectively sell specialized medical devices & surgical equipment to new and existing business accounts. Build and maintain strong working relationships with hospital personnel in order to maximize sales growth. To ensure that the company is optimally positioned as a key preferred supplier within the medical devices space. The candidate must be based in Cape Town and will be responsible for the surrounding southern and northern suburbs as well as other western cape territories as designated in due time.
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Engage with existing & potential customer base (Surgeons, Radiologists, Critical Care Personnel, Anesthesiologists, Purchasing agents & other appropriate decision makers/opinion leaders on different levels) in line with the company expectations.
- Drive sales effort through scheduling and conducting ongoing sales visits and presentations in the field with follow up visits, telephones, letters and other appropriate actions (sampling, hands on training etc.) in order to generate orders.
- Supply hospitals, physicians, clinical & homecare staff with current product information, catalogues & samples.
- Interact with internal personnel to resolve customer complaints and questions.
- Grow market share and revenue through existing customers and the development of new customers.
- Plan and prepare all relevant materials and customer visit schedules in preparation for tenders.
- Provide in-service educational seminars for the clinical staff of hospitals, including face to face seminars during hospital shift changes.
- Prioritize goals in the sales territory based on customer and company needs. Proactively plan comprehensive coverage of the territory based on needs assessment.
- Negotiate sales contracts & pricing with customers; review existing contracts to identify those requiring follow-up.
- Comply with defined administrative responsibilities including but not limited to call logs, field activity reports, Market Action Plans, device vigilance, forecasting, quotations, complaint handling & management of territory expenses.
- Attend and exhibit at national conventions/seminars to gain new customers through the detailing of products. Where local provide all necessary assistance as requested.
- Exhibit at local professional/medical meetings to develop new customers.
- Train and direct new field personnel and company personnel on divisional products, as requested.
- Continuously improve product knowledge not only through product training but also through self-development processes (study, hands on experience, etc.) and the review of current literature for new developments.
- Adhere to all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
Key Relationships / Interfaces
- Existing & potential customers (cardiologists, surgeons, radiologists, critical care personnel, anaesthesiologists, purchasing agents and other appropriate decision makers/opinion leaders on different levels).
- Sales and marketing organization
- EMEA HQ Support functions
Essential Skills / Experience
- 3-4 years’ experience within a sales role in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment is essential.
- Knowledge and aptitude for medical devices or Healthcare sector a preference
- Trained health professional an advantage
- Possess locally required certificates for sales position in healthcare business
- Possess at all times a valid driver’s license and frequent use of a motor vehicle.
- Lift & carry a moderate amount of materials & supplies, where required complete gowning procedures in hospital
- Good level of verbal and written English language is essential.
- Excellent customer ethic, good attention to detail & ability to complete timely progress reports according to requirements
- Strong communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate good presentation and training skills
- Ability to complete timely progress reports according to requirements
- Maintain all communications equipment in excellent working order to ensure efficiency and contact with the company using Word, Excel Microsoft Outlook
Behaviours / Values
- Approachable and enthusiastic. Flexible and adaptable.
- Travel domestically and occasionally internationally
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team player.
- Good organizational skills with cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good judgment and problem solving ability & is capable of understanding the impact of decision making on both our company and their customers.
Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of our business, key responsibilities will evolve & change over time.
If you feel this is a position you would be suited for as above, Please Submit:
- Updated MS Word CV Only;
- RFL ALL Employment History Incl Current;
- Current Salary P/M & Expected Salary
- Semi-Professional Head & Shoulders Photograph to submit with your CV
Find Us on Social Media
Subscribe to Job Alerts – www.complement.co.za
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.