Quality Assurance Lab Technician | Manufacturing – eThekwini – Durban
Salary: R8-10K CTC
Please Submit: Updated MS Word CV; RFL ALL Employment History Incl Current; Current Salary P/M; Recent semi-professional head and shoulders photograph of yourself
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Quality Assurance (QA) Lab Technician for a permanent position based in eThekwini, in the Pietermaritzburg, Cato Ridge area. Position includes benefits. Previous experience in a lab & high pressurised environment essential.
This position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager, and carries the primary responsibility of ensuring all relevant testing is done on materials in each process and to ensure that non-conforming materials are marked and reported in each process. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key areas within the Quality Assurance Department.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Incoming, In-Process, and final QC on all sub-assemblies and completed systems including incoming raw material analysis MFR
- Perform process and FSSC internal audits
- Maintain calibration programme
- Data entry by entering all QC defect data into Oracle Scada database
- Create, maintain and publish QC trend analysis reports
- Involvement NCR (CAR’s) processing.
- Special projects as assigned
- Product testing shall be done in accordance with relevant test methods, work instructions and standards or specific manuals and through the use of appropriate formulae.
- Conducts quality auditing in slitting, raw materials and related.
- Record all audit findings in the production & film auditing forms.
The competencies essential to performing effectively in this role include:
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Good team player and coordination skills
- Knowledge of quality systems
- Knowledge of packaging and plastic industry beneficial
- Grade 12 is compulsory
- Must be willing to work shifts – Own transport essential
- Proficient in MS Office
- One year or more previous experience in a testing laboratory
- Effective time keeping is essential, meticulous, high work ethic
- Applicants must be well spoken, self-driven to grow and develop within the niche packaging Industry
Find Us on Social Media
Subscribe to Job Alerts – www.complement.co.za
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.