Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a junior Architect in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape. This is a permanent position. Salary: Market Related
Check out Our Site & Apply – www.complement.co.za
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture and a Portfolio of Evidence for submission
- 2-3+ years of architectural experience preferably within residential, institutional, parastatal and commercial sectors
- Understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
- Own Transport, able to travel to site. Must be based in Port Elizabeth currently
- Experience with Autodesk Revit software preferred, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite
- Registered with SAIA (South African Institute of Architects) & SACAP (The South African Council for the Architectural Profession)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, High attention to detail
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions, creative and artistic skillset
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Ability to provide elegant and efficient design solutions
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork & team building ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded, eager to learn and grow in the industry
- Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials and systems.
- Produces conceptual plans, renderings, and documents.
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
- Produces construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Working with the Project Manager, may direct, supervise, and check activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project.
- Interfaces with Director of Architecture and project managers.
- Works in tandem with highly collaborative multi-discipline design teams.
- Assists in research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications.
- Team Player, Strong work ethics, Accuracy, Attention to detail
- Organized, Proactive, Flexible, Excellent Communication Skills
- Effectiveness, Timely, Reliable, Ethical, Responsible
Find Us On Social Media
Apply Directly on our Contact Form – Attach your Microsoft Word CV, and complete all the required information – Candidate Contact | Complement Recruitment
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.