Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Brand and Sales Manager from the Medical field, specifically in the Ophthalmology sector. Core duties are to develop, manage and sustain profitable, added-value Ophthalmology product portfolios by understanding, anticipating, creating and meeting health care practitioners needs. Managing a team of 4 professional sales representatives servicing Ophthalmologists, General Practitioners and Pharmacies. Achieving divisional and regional targets and operational expectations.
Brand and Sales Manager – Ophthalmology – Medical | Johannesburg
Salary: R750-820K CTC Per Annum, Permanent Position
Please Submit: Updated MS Word CV; RFL ALL Employment History Incl Current; Current Salary P/M; Recent semi-professional head and shoulders photograph of yourself
- Sales and/or Brand Management experience essential
- Appropriate tertiary qualification (Medical related will be an advantage)
- Proficient in Excel, Word & Power Point
Skills / Competencies Required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Specialist and GP markets
- A valid driver’s licence
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical market
- Analyse, interpret and report information
- A good understanding of pharmacology
- Thorough understanding of the South African Pharmaceutical Market
- Oversee implementation of Marketing strategic objectives
- Manage Brand Communication Strategy and Process
- Develop and present activity plan and manage implementation
Key Job Outputs
- Manage a team of professional sales representatives to achieve regional and divisional targets
- Implementation of division sales and marketing strategies
- Establish an environment and foundation for future sales growth
- Directs the selling activities within the Regions, inclusive of resource deployment and customer interactions
- Sets the vision for the Regions and develops and adheres to a business plan to attain this vision
- Effective management of resources, e.g. money, stock, time, systems, sales tools, etc.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and Key Customers
- Efficient & constructive customer problem solving
- Analysis & reporting of regional sales
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that affect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability.
- Disseminate information to regional sales representatives, corporate marketing and sales operations.
- Coach & Develop a professional sales Team
- Provide quality leadership inclusive of facilitating creative improvements and inspiring others
- Leads the Sales Territory Representatives and Specialists, inclusive of managing performance, coaching, mentoring, hiring and career development in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Measure Team competence against job needs analysis
- Develop Team with optimal knowledge and skills with the talent management process.
- Manage individual development with Performance management process.
- Identify and develop the key drivers of the Ophthalmic Portfolio, it’s growth and profitability
- Develop and implement Brand Plan
- Research and information gathering
- Maintaining Brand / Consumer Relationships
- Identify category drivers
- Brand / product portfolio
- Alignment of marketing mix to brand strategy
- Innovation plan identified
- Conduct product segmentation
- Analysis to identify gaps in the category
- Gather information from local and international competitors
- Monitor market trends
- Innovative ideas to develop new and superior products and packaging
- Idea screening and concept testing
- Consumer proposition
- Trade Presenter input into brand positioning, identity & campaign idea
- Detail Aid responsibility
- POS input into brand positioning, identity and campaign idea
- Launch of new products
Find Us On Social Media
Subscribe to Job Alerts – www.complement.co.za
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.