Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Senior PLC Programmer, Electrical Software Engineer for a permanent position based in Port Elizabeth. Experience in the Automotive industry essential, as well as robotics, PLC – Allen Bradley, Siemens and other industrial control systems. Salary: Market Related
Check out Our Site & Apply Directly – https://complement.co.za/jobs
- Matric; National Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- ± 5 – 10 years’ Software Engineering experience in the automotive & automation industry.
- Own Transport, able to travel locally and out of town from time to time (project based, can be extensive)
- Experience in the following software platforms are essential – Siemens Step 7/ TIA Portal, WINCC Flex, WINCC TIA, WINCC V7.4 and SEW Movitools.
- Ability to program in multiple languages, including ladder logic, structured text and VB scripting.
- Ability to read and interpret PLC wiring diagrams, Control Specs and P&ID Drawings
- Strong knowledge of industrial control systems.
- Software Engineering
- Attend Project Kick-Off meetings with the engineering team
- Proper interpretation of control specifications, drawings, and schematics.
- Complete all programming projects (control logic, HMI screens, etc) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain functional specification documents, P&ID diagrams, and instrument lists.
- Selection of PLC, electronics, and instrument hardware.
- Test and reporting of control systems.
- Assist with on-site start-up and troubleshoot, as needed
- Coordinate with the companys engineering team to ensure successful development and deployment of project deliverables
- Assist the Department Manager in the development of programming standards and library functions.
- Proactively coordinate with project managers, engineers, electricians, and clients.
- Project Specification Document to be read and understood before start of software design or engineering.
- Regular Control Review Meetings to be held with line manager.
- Meet with Customer Onsite to discuss detailed requirements
- Costing Sheet to be reviewed to align Engineering Cost with Allowances
- Assist with updating of Electrical designs when required.
- Effective Communication with Project Stakeholders throughout the life span of the Project
- Monitor the Project and Provide Feedback in a Structured manner
- Provide, compile accurate software engineering project documentation for handover including all application backups.
- Exploring and implementing new ways to automate systems, designing and testing automation equipment and processes
- Programming new automated components and converting and identifying quality issues and writing reports
- Eliminating defects and errors with product and software development
- Design and implement automated systems for use in diverse automotive manufacturing and FMCG production environments
- Create and lead detailed road maps to guide automation projects from conception to final implementation
- Support existing automation technology with component and process upgrades
- Shared responsibility for the determination and management of the (PLC) software specifications and implementation.
- Develop and maintain (in conjunction with others) the standard PLC, visualization software, and corresponding operational documentation.
- Collaborating with other business units
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and perform complex system tests
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate well with other members of the development team
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to keep up with the latest technologies
- A desire to continually upgrade technical knowledge
Find Us On Social Media
Apply Directly on our Contact Form – Attach your Microsoft Word CV, and complete all the required information – www.complement.co.za/contact
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.