Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Finance Officer based in Durban North. This is a permanent position within the Automotive OEM sector. Salary is R22k per month.
Duties & Requirements:
To perform and control all company, finance and other allocated administration tasks. This position will work very closely with management and must attend management meetings; maintain day to day financial accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meeting legislative requirements that support company operations.
- Matric; Diploma in Finance/Accounting area
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role, including Debtors; Creditors and Administration
- 3 years’ relevant experience within automotive industry
- Clear Credit and Criminal Record and Contactable References
- Computer Literate, MS Office, Email, Internet, Excel, ERP System Software (SAP; Pastel; or equivalent) experience
- Communicating and managing relationship with external parties such as SARS (filing returns), auditors, MIBCO and suppliers (negotiating discounts and reconciling accounts), CIPC (filing returns) & other regulators;
- Maintaining the petty cash box (reconciliation & replenishment);
- Loading payments onto the bank account for the approval & release by the FM & Operations Manager/Director (signatories).
- Preparation of payment requisitions that are supported by specific invoices & reconciled to the supplier statement
- With regards to defaulting customers, the candidate must compile a report of actions taken in attempting to recover the amount receivable and provide this report to FM & Ops manager.
Administer and monitor the financial system in order that company finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist with preparation of the budget
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Reconcile general ledger
- Prepare and reconcile general bank statements
- Maintain financial files and records
- Gathering of financial information and compiling of daily and weekly financial reports.
- Submission of financial information and documentation to accounting function.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered computerized accounting system
- Establish and maintain suppliers accounts.
Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable is to ensure complete and accurate records of all monies
- Ensure the safeguard of all company funds
- Reconcile accounts payable
- Reconcile accounts receivable
- Reconcile weekly deposits
Supervise administrative services
- Manage filing, storage and security of documents
- Respond to inquiries
- Manage repairs and maintenance of computers and office equipment.
- Maintain insurance coverages
- Supervise customer services and respond to customer inquiries
- Administer contracts
Competency Profile (Knowledge, Skills And Attitude)
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles
- Supervisory skills
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills including ability to operate computerized accounting spreadsheets at a high proficient level
- Attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity
- Stress and time management
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Excellent problem-solving
Find Us On Social Media
Subscribe to Job Alerts – www.complement.co.za
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.