Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Financial Accountant CA (SA) to join a Finance and Business Support team reporting to the Finance Manager. The Accountant is responsible and accountable for overseeing the day-to-day management of all financial postings made by the Accounts Receivable, Bank and Cash and Accounts Payable teams in the Business Centre to ensure completeness, accuracy and validity of the General Ledger. In addition, you will be the custodian of all processes relating to the trial balance. Support the Financial Manager on Management Reporting and Financial Reporting deliverables. including Tax submissions, Annual Financial Statements, Audit related requirements and any adhoc projects. Salary is negotiable depending on experience. Salary: R720K Per Annum Negotiable
Check out Our Site & Apply Directly – https://complement.co.za/jobs
- CA(SA) – min 1-2 years of post article experience, Big 4 articles, preferred
- IFRS knowledge required
- Proficient in MS Excel Advanced; Knowledge of JD Edwards ERP system.
- South African citizens only need apply
- Excellent organizational, coordination and communication skills
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical thinking abilities
- Ability to work cross functional with executives, managers and other staff in a respectful and service-oriented manner, to garner cooperation and service excellence.
- Outstanding organizational and written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Knowledge of accounting software (JD Edwards OneWorld), MS Office and Cognos tools (e.g. PowerPlay, Controller, etc.)
- One company mindset, strong belief in alignment with company vision, mission, values, team empowerment
- The right candidate is pro-active and quality-focused and can quickly navigate across broad stakeholder platforms.
Major Areas of Accountability (not limited to)
- Day to day oversight of Account Receivable, Bank and Cash and Accounts Payable, including review and or preparation of reconciliations
- Prepare key balance sheet reconciliation for review
- Assist the Finance Manager with working capital management and reporting
- Assist in the Maintenance of internal controls and compliance with company policies
- Assist in preparation of budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of business unit and reporting requirements i.e. monthly reports, budgets, quarterly profit forecasts, Exco reporting packs and Annual Financial Statements
- Assist in the preparation of business unit and Tax submissions.
- Participates in corporate projects to improve ERP and other financial applications
- Custodian of the end to end fixed assets process
- Prepare weekly cash flow for approval
- Support on the maintenance of the Corporate Bank Account
- Responsible for the management of petty cash
- Responsible for pricing maintenance
- Preparation of Journals as required
- Assistance on ad hoc projects and reporting as required
- Support on inventory management activities as required
- Assist with the preparation of year end schedules to support the preparation of annual financial statements
- Preparation of finance and procurement schedules required for BBBEE audits
- Support the Finance manager on all compliance matters
Find Us On Social Media
Apply Directly on our Contact Form – Attach your Microsoft Word CV, and complete all the required information – www.complement.co.za/contact
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.