Complement Recruitment are recruiting an Industrial Relations (IR) Human Resources (HR) Officer for a permanent position based in Durban.
Purpose of Position:
The main objective of this position will be to create a productive and harmonious relationship between the company and its employees. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of industrial relations and ensure that the company complies with all the relevant labour laws. The successful candidate will further be responsible to advise and assist the management team with regards to human resources related labour disputes, disciplinary and grievance matters.
Candidates should ideally have the following:
- At least 5-10 years (production manufacturing) industry experience
- Grade 12; Tertiary Qualification in Labour Law or HR
- Minimum – HR related diploma &/or Advanced Labour Law Diploma
- Industrial Relations knowledge
- Solid Track Record with regards to union interaction, recognition agreements, dispute resolution, disciplinary matters
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals in different levels of the company and from different cultures
- Computer Literate; MS Excel; Word; SAGE People; Microsoft Teams; SharePoint
Duties include the following, but not limited to:
- Facilitates formal disciplinary cases, e.g., Hearings, handled/chaired by as well as internal Warnings and Grievances in terms of the Disciplinary Code and Grievance Procedures
- Advise supervisors, managers, and employees on the appropriate actions to take in dealing with grievances or disciplinary actions.
- Conduct, analyses & suggest solutions for all grievances & complaints, received from employees & the company
- Conduct the necessary pre-hearing investigations concerning employee misconduct, and all other HR related cases, this excluded investigations regarding warnings the onus is on the Department Head to conduct a full investigation before handing in an investigation report / incident report.
- Mediate discussions between employer and employee representatives in attempt to reconcile differences.
- Assist with preparation of evidence for disciplinary hearings, including preparing witnesses to testify.
- Prepare all documentation relating to CCMA Cases
- Handle all IR administration
- Report as per Management Directive
- Performing any other HR task or assisting any other HR Staff member, not specified herein, which from time to time may be assigned by the manager.
- Conflict resolution
- Time Management
- Communication & Confidentiality
- Adaptability & Teamwork
- Problem-solving; Training; Immense work pressure
- Reporting on daily, weekly, monthly basis
Find Us On Social Media
Direct Apply via: www.complement.co.za
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful