Purpose Of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Logistics Procurement Officer for a permanent position based in Elandsfontein, Johannesburg, Gauteng. Experience in a supply chain and distribution environment, cross-functional would be advantageous. The ideal candidate is responsible for procurement and sourcing of high-quality products locally and internationally, identify best sources of supply and services that meet the organization’s requirements.
Logistics Procurement Officer – Johannesburg
Salary: Negotiable + Benefits
- Matric; Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience within a similar environment responsible for all cross-functional duties including but not limited to:
- Hands-on procurement, supplier negotiations, logistics and stock management in a multi-branch environment.
- Experience in Logistics will be advantageous.
- Fully au fait with MS Office at intermediate level and MS Excel at Advanced level
- Clear criminal record
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Responsible for procurement and sourcing of high-quality products locally and international, identify best sources of supply and services that meet the organization’s requirements.
- Ability to develop business case for the appointing and cancellation of suppliers
- Assist senior management in establishing procurement practices and policies for the group
- Promote and develop comparative model to analyse offering of new and existing suppliers.
- Negotiate rates and payment terms with suppliers
- Maintain all system information.
- Oversee all stock management, warehousing, documentation, and supplier management.
- Performs branch procurement adherence audits
- Follow approved processes and principles to procure and ensure that these are formalized by the way of a contract or written agreement.
- Manage and report on supplier performance (poor performance, compliance, SLA, dispute resolution etc.)
- Maintain and co-ordinate Procurement activities, administration and liaison across BU’s.
- Manage document control using the appropriate sources (SharePoint, shared drives, intranet sites etc.
- Address vendor and customer enquiries/queries about order changes or cancellations.
- Attend on an adhoc basis regular meetings with key suppliers updating requirements, forecasts, and performance matters.
- Contract administration activities that ensure effective purchasing.
- Prepare invitation-of-bid forms, and mail forms to suppliers or distribute forms for public access
- Assist with Tender process and associated communication.
- Documentation associated with successful/unsuccessful tenders.
- Expediting of orders and Procurement transactions
- Update Vendor report that addresses the monthly checking of:
- BBBEE Certification Relevant Accreditation
- Compliance documents
- Expiry dates
- Admin activities such as:
- Updating contract register
- Updating Vendor lists
- Updating catalogues
- Updating survey reports
- Perform reconciliations as required
- Able to work under extreme pressure
- Strong self-management skills
- Good verbal and written Communication
- Maintain confidentially
- Very detail orientated
- Compliance to Instructions & Procedures.
- Ability to Analyse Spend and Identify Market Trends
- Data Management & Analysis
Find Us On Social Media
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.