Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a Procurement Officer for a permanent position based in Edenvale, Johannesburg, Gauteng. Primary focus of the role is to source and procure product from international and local suppliers, and coordinate artwork and product registration. At our client’s request, EE Candidates will take preference for this role.
Salary: R25k per month
- Minimum Matric, Own reliable transport
- Diploma on Supply Chain Management/ Procurement; degree advantageous
- 1-3 years’ experience in Procurement/Supply Chain
Technical / Specialist Skills
- Basic principles of business management
- Knowledge of industry supplies, market trends and pricing
- Demand Planning knowledge
- Import/Export Knowledge
- Excel, Microsoft Office
- Product Sourcing & Research
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Efficiency and accuracy
- Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation skills in the procurement process
Duties & Responsibilities:
Operational / Management
- Research, Source Suppliers and Competitive products and pricing as per the company requirements.
- Compare product specifications and obtain samples for product evaluation
- Identify opportunities to meet customer demands during constrained supply
- Placing and co-ordinating of purchase orders and any associated companies and coordinating of payments due.
- Tracking and tracing of shipments to ensure smooth and effective transactions
- Monitor Procurement Cycle Time, and percent of on time Supplier deliveries.
- Preparation of reports
- Manage registration of products
- Co-ordination of Product Complaints Data Base
- Obtain quotations within the specified time frame.
- Timeous placement of orders.
- Accurate and efficient processing of transactions.
- Accurate registration of products
- Cost Saving for the procurement of products and services without comprising on quality
- Ensure cost effectiveness and meet customer demands
Compliance & Risk Management
- Obtain relevant product specification, regulatory, compliance and documentation from suppliers
- Comply to ISO 13485
- Comply to product registration regulations
- Assist to prepare and implement quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Performing routine inspections and quality tests.
- Assist in identifying and resolving workflow and production issues.
- Ensuring that standards and safety regulations are observed.
- Addressing and discussing issues and proposed solutions with superiors.
- Documenting quality assurance activities and creating audit reports.
- Making recommendations for improvement.
- Creating training materials and operating manuals.
- Research and develop products specifically related to the industry.
- Assist in developing and reviewing production processes.
- Assist to institute quality control procedures for products developed.
- Implement efficient document control to ensure that only valid documents are utilized across the whole organisation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all products comply with legislation, including labelling regulations.
- Completion of customer questionnaires and internal safety data sheets as well as product data sheets.
- Compliance to good business practices
Process Quality / Procedures
- Assist to prepare standard operating procedures in line with the company requirements
- Compliance to SOP
- Collaboration with business partners.
- Product regulation authorities
- External supplier Satisfaction
- Quality and timeous purchase of goods
People, Leadership / Management
- Interact with team members, colleagues to ensure that an environment or service is maintained or improved
- Training and Development
- Mentor and train other team members.
- Internal departmental satisfaction
- Integrity and honesty
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Attention to detail
- Results Driven
- Cost Conscious
- Persuasive, Assertive, excellent negotiation skills
- Goods Oral and written communication skills
- Time Management skills
- Ability to work in Multicultural environment
- Ability to interact with people at different levels in management
Find Us on Social Media
Visit our Website to Apply: www.complement.co.za
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.